We will pass by your hotel in the city of Cusco 2 hours before the departure time of your train. We will take you to the train station located in the town of Poroy (30 min) or the station in the town of Ollantaytambo which is 2 hours from Cusco. There you will board the train of the company PERURAIL or INKA RAIL, you will start your trip to the village of “Aguas Calientes” (2000 masl) that lasts 4 hours from the station of Poroy and 1 hour with 45 minutes from Ollantaytambo station.
Arriving at the station of the village of Aguas Calientes our guide will be waiting for you. You will go with him to the bus station, to ascend 400 m high, by a zigzag road, for 30 minutes to reach the incredible world wonder “El Sanctuary of Machu Picchu “, known as” The Lost City of the Incas “.
Upon arriving at the archaeological site of Machu Picchu we will pass through the main control where you will show your ticket and your original passport. Then from this place will begin the guided tour, visiting the main areas of the city including: the Main Square, Temple of the Sun, Sacred Sun Clock, Temple of the Three Windows, Temple of Water, Temple to Pachamama (Mother Earth) and other places. The guided tour will be for more than two hours. At the end of the tour with the guide will have free time to explore more places in the archaeological site, then we will go to the bus station and return to the village of Aguas Calientes and have lunch, after lunch we head to the train station and return to the station of Poroy or the station of Ollantaytambo. From here we will take our private car to the city of Cusco – hotel.
Incluye / No incluye
- Pick up from the airport to the hotel in Cusco.
- Transport from the hotel to the train station.
- Train ticket from the station of Ollantaytambo or Poroy (Expedition Service) to the town of Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance tickets to the archaeological site of Machupicchu.
- Official tour guide (English / Spanish).
- Bus tickets Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes (2 routes).
- Return train ticket from Aguas Calientes to the station of ollantaytambo or Poroy (Expedition service).
- Transfer from the station of Ollantaytambo or Poroy to your hotel in Cusco (private bus).
- Move from the hotel to airport.
- Breakfast of the first day.
- A visit to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes is a very relaxing way to end our trekking while we wait for the return train to Cusco. The bathrooms are only 10 minutes from the center of the village and the entrance is 4 dollars per person.
- Original Passport
- Backpack/ Daypack
- Water Bottles
- Raincoat or Poncho
- Sunblock/ Sunglasses
- Warm jacket
- Hiking Shoes or Boots
- Wool Hat
- Trekking Pants
- Shorts/ Sandals
- Insect Repellent
- Extra money
- Personal medication
- Sun Hat